Friday, March 28, 2008

End of Quarter!!! (1/4) 3/28/08

TGIF!! When you work in "Sillycone" Valley ;-) and you work for a publicly traded company your life usually is modulated by the quarterly reporting cycle. So Q1 2008 has been quite the challenge--as much of my sales activity occurred the last 3 weeks of March!

However, I'm happy to say that work did not keep me from my regular gym workouts the past 2 weeks. Next week I will be able to segue into running after work on trails (instead of treadmill in the gym at O dark O'clock weekday mornings) as I move toward the interim goal of successfully completing leg 7 of The Relay. Yay! After that, it will be crank up the mileage! I have also signed up to do a relay in June that runs in the Lake Tahoe area -- at altitude, as a primer for Colorado. Guess I'd better order up that hypoxia machine soon.

This week's stats: 3.5 mi. pavement run; Elliptical "13" mi; treadmill 8.5 mi. Plus some stairmaster time, abdominal and light weight workouts. Baby steps!

The Rabbi has been plagued with some minor physical complaints this week, so he has some catching up to do. I plan to drag him out on a run Saturday.

No comments: