Thursday, March 13, 2008

First Post!

I expect this blog to be about running (and possibly hashing). In a fit of winter doldrums (Feb. 2), I signed David ("the Rabbi") and I up for the 2nd annual Gore-Tex(tm) Transrockies Adventure Run in Colorado (http://www.transrockies.com/). This is set for August 25-30, 2008. 6 days running at altitude, ~ 20 miles per day. If successful, I will have skipped right from running trail 1/2 marathons (and its been a while for that, even!) to a land that looks a lot like ultras. David has run some marathons, but its been a while for him too!) Very intelligent, no?

So far, few other registered runners have set up blogs--I'm hoping some will so that we can share the fun as we train for this. The field is limited to 150 teams (each team has 2 runners), so it is hoped there will be 298 others out there on trail with us. Can you say "vacation"?

I will be posting about training, pain, training, other running experiences and what-have-you for the next few months.
Thanks for reading!

No comments: