Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Time is not on my side

Bad: Two more weeks have flown by, since my last post on 6/30!
Worse: TR is only 39 days away!!!!!

Current Stats:
(06/29 – 07/05): Running 55 mi (10 street, 45 trails); Elliptical 60 min; Stepper 60 min.
(07/06 – 07/12): Running 40.5 mi (32.5 trails, street 2, tmill 6); Stepr 60 [but on travel Mon-Thurs]

One reason for lack of a post was the travel – business travel is not a vacation and really wears me out! The other reason is that not much has been happening. It seems like there is no time for anything other than commuting, working, running and sleeping (in about that order). Housework and socializing are suffering! By the time long runs get done on the weekend I don’t have energy for much else, even if I do seem to have enough time to accomplish something else.

The trip to the east coast was really work, although it was nice to meet some of my sales team face to face for the first time. And the weather was incredibly humid, although not as hot as it might have been. Apparently I “dodged a bullet” in one respect as there was another heat wave out here in the bay area. I wouldn’t really have been able to run even if I’d have been home – it was 100 degrees in San Jose!

The local air quality is improving as the wildfires are finally getting under full control. It has taken quite a long time and certain counties have been declared to be disaster areas. Fortunately many endangered buildings (houses) were saved, but many, many square miles of beautiful and valuable woodlands and parklands have been destroyed.

Training is really taking center stage—I actually dreamed a long, hard training run last night. No wonder I was so tired when the alarm went off! On the other hand, I’m not sure what I’ll do with myself once we return from Colorado. I’ll need another goal, but probably not one that will require quite so much training. I can’t even contemplate that right now, anyway!

No comments: