Friday, June 20, 2008

Inspiration

This is a "nano" post. I will post later my weekly stats update, etc.
Last night, in 90+ heat, I was driving to the park to knock off the scheduled 12 mile run and feeling distinctly sorry for myself. It was hot, I was tired and cranky. I could have been easily dissuaded from running by any diversion, no matter how mundane. However, while in the car, I heard this inspirational story on "All Things Considered" on NPR. (follow link)
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=91692169&sc=emaf
I am ashamed that I whine and complain about the weather, and minor muscle pain when there are people like Hillary, the Hoyts, etc. are out there doing so much. I did the run. Not fast, or well, but I did it. I didn't feel heroic or particularly happy, but I did feel as if I had done a tiny bit in support of those who would like to but who do not have the chance.

And now, on to the 14 miler on Saturday followed by the 16 miler on Sunday :-)

No comments: